Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux at its best
I have started using Linux for one month.
I like it and want to discuss some of the advantages.
Linux Advantages
Low cost: You don’t need to spend time and money to obtain licenses since Linux and much of its software come with the GNU General Public License. You can start to work immediately without worrying that your software may stop working anytime because the free trial version expires. Additionally, there are large repositories from which you can freely download high quality software for almost any task you can think of.
Stability: Linux doesn’t need to be rebooted periodically to maintain performance levels. It doesn’t freeze up or slow down over time due to memory leaks and such. Continuous up-times of hundreds of days (up to a year or more) are not uncommon.
Performance: Linux provides persistent high performance on workstations and on networks. It can handle unusually large numbers of users simultaneously, and can make old computers sufficiently responsive to be useful again.
Network friendliness: Linux was developed by a group of programmers over the Internet and has therefore strong support for network functionality; client and server systems can be easily set up on any computer running Linux. It can perform tasks such as network backups faster and more reliably than alternative systems.
Flexibility: Linux can be used for high performance server applications, desktop applications, and embedded systems. You can save disk space by only installing the components needed for a particular use. You can restrict the use of specific computers by installing for example only selected office applications instead of the whole suite.
Compatibility: It runs all common Unix software packages and can process all common file formats.
Choice: The large number of Linux distributions gives you a choice. Each distribution is developed and supported by a different organization. You can pick the one you like best; the core functionalities are the same; most software runs on most distributions.
Fast and easy installation: Most Linux distributions come with user-friendly installation and setup programs. Popular Linux distributions come with tools that make installation of additional software very user friendly as well.
Nice one and with my regards Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux. And being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different.
I all ready using the Linux for few months. i like the Linux operating system. It need to spend time or money to obtain licenses since linux and much of its software.This licence will come with GNU general public license.
I like all the function and features are really very epic and also useful. I have already used it. I know that Linux is run on all the unix software. So It is really very interesting for all the users.
A very good points and excellent post of Linux. It is very good and awesome post. I like it so much and you are write, I am 100% agree with your statement about it.
I am really very impress with linux features . I am still use linux. I have never faced any issue. It also save our disc space and we can save out time.
It is one year ago today, I published my original "distribution of the 10 Best Linux ", it's time to put forward a new list of the best this year. Do not look at the old list, I have decided to build this from scratch. Linux even old salt, there are some surprises in this list. For starters, Ubuntu is not the first.
Really In my opinion linux is best. I my also using linux since three month. And still I have not face any type of problem. It is really fully protected from virus. And very easy to to use. And now it help to offers a robust, stable and secure OS for mission-critical applications that enables a cost-efficient alternative to RISC-based solutions.