Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to repair a laptop graphics card ?
Steps to repair a laptop graphic card:

1: Remove card from laptop
2: Remove the heatsink and backing plate by undoing the retaining screws and gently prising apart
3: Remove all traces of thermal paste from gfx and ram chips using 99% rubbing alcohol
4: Place in a pre heated (150 degrees C) oven , on a stiff piece of card for 3 mins only per side ( 6 mins total)
5: Turn oven off and leave oven door half open (or half closed) for 30 mins
6: Refit heatsink, backing plate and thermal paste, i used as5 and replace in laptop
7: The test , i used prime95 to stress the card + a few swear words thrown in to make it more stressed and it passed

This is very nice information for repairing a laptop graphic card. Thanks for this useful information,this information will help me in future when I shall face this type of problem.
To repair the sound card you have follow the following steps :

1) Remove card from laptop.
2) Remove the heatsink and backing plate by undoing the retaining screws and gently prising apart
3) Remove all traces of thermal paste from gfx
4) Place in a pre heated
5) Turn oven off and leave oven door half open or close for 30 mins.
6) Refit heatsink, backing plate and thermal paste, i used as5 and replace in laptop
7) Check it otherwise contact to your Hardware Engineer.
Video card repair is complex, and getting it done in the right style would require you time. But with us you will not even spend a small getting it done. Movie card is a very susceptible component; unskillful video card maintenance could damage the card, as well your system forever. Allow our professional experts to get things right for you, more arranged and technologically.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Unformat a Micro SD Card. bradedvin 0 351 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Last Post: bradedvin